Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Abundent Wildlife

Sea Otter
Orca Whales (2 pods)
Sea Lions
Puffins
Dall's Porpoise
Humpback Whale

Yes! All spotted in one day on our Seaward Wildlife Cruise. For those of you who don't know, Kami and Russ came up for (3) days and we went on a cruise out of a Seward for the day, hiked up on Byron Glacier another day and went Bear viewing/salmon fishing on the last day. Had a great time.

The cruise was great except for the weather. It was very overcast, raining hard and rough seas. That all would have been fine if I would have remembered to take my Dramamine pills. But nope I forgot, so I feed the fish once over the hand rail. We had 6-10 foot swells and after a couple hours of that I decided to give my lunch to the fish. I was then fine. Felt bad for John since he had to stand beside me while I was not feeling well, but we all got to see amazing wildlife.

We also got to see bears up close while on the fishing trip (if you have this blog then you should have already gotten the pictures) If not send me an e mail and I will forward them to you. They are really cool.

Wanted to attach a video that Russ took with his camera of the Dall Porpoise. So enjoy, we did


No comments: